Vitae still have a few places left on their forthcoming ‘Advancing in Academia’ workshop for Research Staff on March 29th in Manchester (Britannia Hotel, Portland Street).
Like most careers, there are many elements that are required in order to develop a successful academic career and these are not always transparent. This event addresses how to succeed in a competitive and complex research environment and will allow you to think about the pros and cons of different career options available.
This interactive one-day event is aimed at early career researchers and will enable you to:
- review the current higher education environment
- meet with successful academics from a range of disciplines to hear how they advanced their academic career
- understand the balance required between skills, achievements and building your professional profile
- review where you are in your career, where you want to be and how to get there
- ask questions that you’ve always wanted to but weren’t sure who to ask network with fellow researchers
- develop an action plan to strategically manage your career.
To book your FREE place go to: http://www.vitae.ac.uk/researchers/53174-188931/Advancing-in-academia-.html