The ESRC National Centre for Research Methods provides Training Bursaries for staff in the Social Sciences (PhD and Masters students are not eligible) to take a research methods course. Awards of up to £1,000 are available to “stimulate the uptake of high quality training courses in research methods across the UK social science community”.
- Applicants must be social scientists.
- Masters or PhD students are not eligible; this scheme cannot be used to fund Masters or Doctoral studies.
- The training course or event must have a clear focus on research methods.
- Applicants can apply for more than one course per year but these must not total more than £1,000 in any one year.
- We would not normally expect to pay for courses at the applicant’s own institution.
- Bursaries are not normally provided for attendance at conferences but may be provided for attendance at training courses being run as part of a conference.
- Applicants can apply for a bursary for training courses outside of the UK but the applicant must demonstrate that the training in question cannot be provided in the UK.
You can apply at any time by going to http://www.ncrm.ac.uk/about/funding/training/