September 22nd, Bristol: The Holiday Inn (Bristol-Filton)
Like most careers, there are many elements that are required in order to develop a successful academic career and these are not always transparent. This event addresses how to succeed in a competitive and complex research environment and will allow you to think about the pros and cons of different career options available.
This interactive one-day event is aimed at early career researchers and will enable you to:
- review the current higher education environment
- meet with successful academics from a range of disciplines to hear how they advanced their academic career
- understand the balance required between skills, achievements and building your professional profile
- review where you are in your career, where you want to be and how to get there
- ask questions that you’ve always wanted to but weren’t sure who to ask network with fellow researchers
- develop an action plan to strategically manage your career.
This event is free to attend and is open to research staff.
To secure a place on the event you will need to pay a refundable deposit of £25. Upon attendance of the course your deposit will be refunded. Further details can be found at: http://vitae.ac.uk/policy-practice/1754-251061/Advancing-in-academia-.html#pageInfo