University Of Bristol, Dec 14th and 15th. Research Staff ONLY
There are a few places remaining on Vitae’s Broadening Horizons event at the University of Bristol next week. Attendance, refreshments and accommodation are all free, but you would need to pay for your own travel to and from the venue.
Research staff – do you want to
- gain a sense of direction and progression ?
- widen your understanding of career options?
- better understand your own career situation?
- develop tools and techniques to explore your skills, motivations, values and talents and how you can apply these to your career planning?
- consider potential jobs you might like to explore further?
- consider what makes an effective CV?
- commit to an action plan for your personal and career development?
If so, then the Vitae’s Broadening Horizon programme could be for you.
This FREE interactive and intensive two-day residential programme will provide you with the opportunity, skills and tools to engage actively in your own career development. The programme will enable you to gain a clearer idea of where you are within your career and to consider what your next steps might be, whether your aspirations are to remain in research and/or academia or to move into other areas.
You will be placed in learning groups with researchers from universities across the South West and Wales region to work on a range of activities, supported by an experienced team of facilitators.
‘Time to think – away from work. A chance to think about and analyse my own opinions/situation and a chance to talk to others about careers issues.’
‘It made me think about what I wanted from a career and what skills I have. Increased my self-confidence.’
(Feedback from previous participants)
More info and bookings at: http://www.vitae.ac.uk/policy-practice/1754-296741/Vitae-SWW-Hub-Broadening-Horizons-course.html