Senior Research Associate
Assessment and Qualifications Alliance – AQA
Salary: £38,702 to £44,536 per annum
Quote ref: CAD1242
AQA is the largest public examining board in the UK, with a long tradition of educational research. Current projects cover a variety of topics including how students choose which A level subjects to study, the link between anxiety and performance in oral tests, the maintenance of examination standards in on-screen testing, and a range of wider policy related studies. Our research department is inter‑disciplinary and AQA researchers are encouraged to publish their work in peer reviewed journals and to present their findings at conferences. The work of the department is fundamental to the delivery of its charitable objectives exploring the field of education and essential to provide an evidence base for AQA’s operations.
We are seeking to recruit creative researchers who are keen to see their research findings put into practice, as well as advancing the theoretical and technical understanding of educational assessment.
This is a permanent post based in our Manchester office.
Applicants should have a degree, preferably a higher degree or equivalent, in a field with a significant quantitative element.
Applicants should also have:
- a sound knowledge of statistics, experimental design and research methods;
- the ability to analyse and interpret statistical data and other research data in an informed manner;
- the ability to think creatively to solve problems and instigate new research;
- good communication, written and presentation skills;
- the ability to work accurately under time pressure and to meet deadlines;
- the ability to consult and negotiate with colleagues at all levels;
A track record of peer reviewed journal publications is also desirable.
Experience of educational research is not essential and applications are welcomed from all fields, however strong quantitative skills are required.
AQA offers excellent conditions of service.
If you would like to discuss this post informally, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for completed application forms – 26 January 2011
Interviews to be held week beginning – 7 February 2011