March 22nd-25th 2011
The Hydro Hotel, Bowness-on-Windermere
This 3 day residential course will allow you to explore and develop your leadership skills. You will have the opportunity to look at relevant theory, practice your leadership style and receive feedback.
The course will be led by a team of experienced facilitators who will work with you throughout the 3 days to support your learning. They will be from a variety of backgrounds with experience in leadership, academia and other sectors.
This course takes a ‘learning by doing’ approach. There will be presentations on leadership theory, but for the most part, you will be actively participating in the sessions and activities.
This is an intensive 3 day residential course. When registering for the course you will be expected to attend for the full duration.
This course offers you the opportunity to:
- explore leadership both in theory and in practice
- work with a team of experienced facilitators from a range of career backgrounds, who will ensure you get the most out of the 3 days
- meet researchers from a variety of disciplines, backgrounds and career stages
- develop your understanding of leadership theory and how to apply it in practice
- receive feedback on your leadership style and how you can develop it
- take a few days out from your research both physically and mentally, and have some space in which to consider yourself and your next steps
This event is open to research staff and postgraduate researchers, subject to availability.
Places on the event are free but participants will need to cover their own travel expenses.
For more info or to book a place, go to: