8 Mellon Post-Doctoral Fellowships in the Humanities, 2011-13
2 year fixed term
Salary: £29,099 – £30,870 plus £4,000 research allowance
Thanks to generous funding from the Andrew W Mellon Foundation, the Humanities Division at Oxford University invites applications for two-year post-doctoral fellowships in each of the following eight research areas:
- Ancient Science and Scientific Method (Philosophy and Classics)
- Gender/Feminist Theory (Medieval and Modern Languages, Classics, English, History, and Philosophy)
- Ancient Israel: Social and Political Institutions (Theology and Oriental Studies)
- History of War (History)
- Arabic Sociolinguistics (Oriental Studies and Linguistics, Philology and Phonetics)
- Medieval and Early Modern Manuscripts (English and Bodleian Libraries)
- Digital Humanities (Classics and Oxford e-Research Centre)
- Psychology of Music and Music Theory (Music)
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your research and extend your teaching experience. We will provide a personalised career development package so that by the end of your fellowship you will be a prime candidate for appointment to tenured, or tenure-track, posts at top universities.
You must be at an early stage of an academic career, and, if holding a doctorate, have completed it not longer than in the previous four years from 1 October 2011 (excluding justified career breaks) and be ready to embark on a new research theme which is not derivative of your doctoral work.
Full details and information on how to apply are available from www.ox.ac.uk/about_the_university/jobs/arrs/
Closing date: noon (GMT) on 23 March 2011.
Applications are particularly welcome from women and black and minority ethnic candidates, who are under-represented in academic posts in Oxford.