Fixed Term Contract for 2 years, beginning October 2011
Salary: £27, 428
Closing date: 8 March 2011
The Institute of Advanced Study (IAS) at the University of Warwick invites applications from outstanding researchers who are at the beginning of a promising academic career. Applications are welcome from across all Faculties and disciplines, and, in keeping with the ethos of Warwick’s IAS, interdisciplinary research applications are strongly encouraged.
You will be based in the IAS but will have a strong presence in a home academic department. Therefore, all applications MUST be supported by a Warwick academic nominator and your proposed research project should closely complement your nominated academic department’s current research interests. Nominators will be required to make a strong case for the applicant’s strategic contribution to the research within their department.
You will have been awarded your PhD, or equivalent, in any discipline and be within 3 years of your PhD graduation. Therefore you must have passed your viva and submitted the final copy of your thesis to be eligible. You should also not have more than 3 years postdoctoral research/teaching experience or hold, nor have held, a permanent academic post.
Please note that although the Fellowships will be located in the IAS, you must be nominated by an academic in a Warwick department. The nomination form can be downloaded from the link on the right-hand side of this page.
Applications without a signed nomination form will not be considered.
The full job specification and further particulars can be downloaded from the right-hand side of this page.
All applicants are required to:
- Complete an application form
- All applicants are also required to send the following documents (attached to one email clearly stating the Post Number and Candidate Name) to email@example.com by the closing date:
- a CV of no more than 2 pages in length, including the names of two referees;
- a research proposal of no more than 1000 words covering the entire period of tenure, providing details of the topic and any scoping that has already been done;
- a summary of up to 500 words outlining the activities to be completed during the tenure of the PRFs, to include:
– proposed research publications
– proposed conference attendance
– details of the two research workshops you would run
– details of any research grants you would apply for
All candidates are required to arrange for the submission of a nomination form from your Warwick Nominator. Please ask the nominating department to email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date (8 March 2011), clearly stating the candidate’s name.
Please note that your Warwick nominator CANNOT also act as a referee.
Frequently asked questions and answers are available at: www.go.warwick.ac.uk/ias/prf/faq