Date: 11th September 2012
Audience: Postgraduate researchers and research staff (and academics)
Logistics: 1 day
Learning outcomes: This one day highly interactive workshop has been designed for researchers who are new to, or have some experience with public engagement.
During the workshop, participants will:
· explore how public engagement can benefit you, your research, research funders and the public with whom you engage
· discover the huge range of activities you can use to engage the public with your research
· investigate the needs of different publics, explore potential engagement barriers, and identify solutions for overcoming them
· explore methods for evaluating the impact and success of public engagement activities
· put your knowledge and skills into action to design and plan a public engagement activity
· examine which public engagement activities complement your current skills and what will help you develop your skills further
· learn how to take the next steps in finding public engagement contacts and opportunities
· collaborate with peers from a range of disciplines.
More details and booking at: http://www.vitae.ac.uk/researchers/205761-541421/Engaging-Researcher-University-of-Birmingham.html